Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back to Work?!

March 8, 2011 It’s been almost 3 years since we retired. We’ve gotten spoiled by the freedom of getting up when we want, eating when we want, and staying or going as we please. But last week a request for our help on a cruise ship shore excursion seemed like a fun thing to do and we said, “Yes!” Suddenly things changed. I couldn’t sleep well the night before because I was afraid the alarm wouldn’t go off. (What’s an alarm clock? I hadn’t used one in months!). Then I was stressing about what to wear (something professional-looking, but comfortable enough to wear climbing in and out of a bus). Paul & I were each in charge of a group of 24 adults on our busses. We were supposed to take attendance, tell them about the area as we drove to Larnach Castle, take pictures of the group and assist with any emergencies. The day went smoothly and we all had a great time. As a reward, the tour coordinator “paid us” with a dinner for two at the upscale Pinnacle Grill restaurant with a wine pairing at each course. I guess we can now make up a cardboard sign that says, “Homeless. . . Will Work for Food.”

No comments: